Dates to Know
- December 21- January 2 Break (January 2 Work Day for teachers).
- The Honors Experience at Gardner-Webb University June 24-29 2018. The Honors Experience at Gardner-Webb is a one-week college immersion for academically gifted and talented students who are currently in the 9th-11th grade. The program is held on Gardner-Webb’s main campus in Boiling Springs, NC each summer.
As a high school student who has already demonstrated excellence in the classroom and community, you will be provided with the opportunity to develop your skills in a hands on setting, under the instruction of our exceptional faculty and staff. You will participate in two credit bearing college courses that are designed to help you develop the confidence you need to continue in your pursuit of academic excellence, engage academics with Christian faith, and experience the impact of service learning.
If you are accepted into The Honors Experience, you will be automatically invited to Gardner-Webb’s Ignite Excellence Scholarship interviews during your senior year of high school, where you will compete for our most competitive academic scholarships—the highest honor covers full tuition as well as room and board, totaling over $40,000 per year. Requirements: Currently in 9th -11th grades (graduating seniors are not eligible); Unweighted GPA of at least 3.7; Any of the following test scores: 21 ACT; 1040 on the New SAT; 1020 on the New PSAT including Reading, Math, Writing.*If you do not yet meet the requirements, or have not yet taken these tests, you may apply with two letters of recommendation. One must be from a teacher, and the other may be from another teacher, counselor, pastor, or youth worker. Application is open NOW and is due February 1! $700 fee to attend.
- Girls interested in Medicine or Engineering! The Perry Outreach Program is a FREE, one-day, hands-on experience for high school women who are interested in pursuing careers in medicine and engineering. Application due January 3!
- The William and Mary Pre-College Summer Program is a truly unique college experience. Rising juniors, rising seniors, and rising college freshmen can apply. Students will dive deep into American history learning about the people, places, and events that shaped this nation, and they will also develop skills and resources that will take them beyond their high school years.Students who attend the W&M Pre-College Summer Program will earn 4 hours of transferable college credit, visit more than a dozen historic sites and museums throughout Virginia, develop college-level analytical reading and writing abilities, learn effective time management, experience college life in a controlled setting, interact with professional historians and archaeologist, cultivate friendships with students from all over the world. Cost: $4,200- includes tuition and fees for 4 hours of academic credit, room and board, admission on all class-related site visits, select organized activities, all required readings and course materials, NIAHD T-shirt. Session 1: June 24 – July 14, 2018; Session 2: July 15 – August 4, 2018. Application due April 20!
- C-Tech² - Computers and Technology at Virginia Tech. C-Tech² offers an opportunity to learn about college life--from residence halls to classrooms and everything in-between. It provides access to information and technology necessary to best prepare you for your future. The C-Tech² program targets rising junior and senior high school girls. The C-Tech² camp will be held June 24-July 7, 2018. The application process will open up in early January, 2018. What is C-Tech² all about? Exploring applications of engineering in a way that is fun and exciting, spending time involved in hands-on activities designed to increase your interest in and knowledge of applications of engineering to real world situations, attending seminars to help you prepare for the college application process, interacting with others interested in pursuing careers in various engineering fields, completing an engineering design project, meeting industry representatives and learning about what they’re looking for. Students stay in a dorm on campus. Program cost is $1,500 for two weeks, covering all expenses except transportation to and from Virginia Tech and personal expenses. More information here.
- Virginia Commonwealth University- The VCUarts Pre-College Summer Intensive residency program offers high school students an opportunity to explore their interests in the fine arts, design arts or performing arts; promotes cross-disciplinary approaches to creative activity; and imparts practical knowledge and skills to prepare performing artists for college auditions and visual artists for the creation of their application portfolios. July 8-27, 2018. Program tuition: $3,200 includes a room and all meals. Application opens December 18, 2017. Applications due March 30, 2018.
- The Wake Forest University Summer Immersion Program offers rising high school sophomores, juniors, seniors and incoming college freshmen the chance to dive deep and explore a particular field of study. Those selected for the program will enjoy access to world-class faculty, resources, industry professionals and a one-of-a-kind view from inside a career field. The 2018 Summer Immersion Program will be offered in Winston-Salem as a residential program and in Charlotte as both a residential and nonresidential program. The Wake Forest Charlotte Center will host three institutes: Law, Medicine, and Sports Marketing. Each session will feature a day trip to the Wake Forest University campus in Winston-Salem. The Reynolda campus in Winston-Salem will host thirteen institutes: Biosciences and Engineering, Business and Entrepreneurship, Dance, Debate and Public Advocacy, Documentary Film, Health and Exercise Science, Leadership, Medicine, Neuroscience, Psychology, Sports Medicine, Technology, and Visual Arts. Each institute will accept a select number of students. Tuition ($2,250) includes lunch, supplies, all institute-sponsored field trips and activities, as well as transportation. Applications open now. Program dates vary depending on the institute. More information and application here.
- HOLLINSUMMER 2018: JULY 15 – 21 at Hollins University. There is a Theater Program, Horse Rider Program, and Writing Program. More information soon here.
- STEM by the Sea UNC-W Marine Quest summer programs summer 2018 registration now open!
- Appalachian State K-12 summer outreach programs
- NC State STEM summer camps
- US Naval Academy summer STEM programs
- US Naval Academy summer seminar (current 11th graders)
- NC A&T Research Apprenticeship Program Summer 2018 for rising juniors and seniors: North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University’s College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES) is pleased to invite students to participate in a four-week residential summer program for rising high school juniors and seniors. Upon completion of the program, students may qualify for a monetary award. The main objective is to stimulate interest in agriscience and human science professions. Applications due February 2 2018. Click here to find out more.