Dates to Know
- Save the dates for the upcoming 2018 NACAC National College Fair. Students and families will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from nearly 200 colleges, as well as attend workshops on testing, application tips, essay writing and how to finance a college education. This event is free.
Sunday, March 18 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. The Park Expo and Conference Center (Charlotte)
Tuesday, March 20 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm Raleigh Convention Center (Raleigh)
REGISTER: Students are highly encouraged to register online prior to coming to the fair. This enables them to spend more time connecting with representatives and less time waiting to register on site.
- Visions Service Adventures has several opportunities for teens to go overseas in the summer. "Collaborative Service work and cross-cultural living help our teen volunteers understand a complicated world & learn meaningful ways to contribute productively." Find out more here.
- July Experience at Davidson College. The goals of the program are to provide rising high school juniors and seniors with the opportunity to experience life on a liberal arts campus, to explore new academic topics, and to get individualized feedback and mentoring from Davidson professors. Last year the program hosted 81 students from 22 states and 5 countries. Davidson faculty taught 12 courses, 11 Davidson students served as hall counselors and mentors.
2018 Dates: July 1-21. Cost: $4,000 (includes room, all meals, activities, and textbook rental). Financial Aid available: Yes. Limited amount of partial, need-based scholarships. Application deadline: March 28th (all materials due, including financial aid application if requested). Decisions released: Mid/late April. Deposit Due: May 1
1. Student applies (online or PDF version emailed or mailed) available here: https://www.davidson.edu/offices/july-experience
2. Automatic email with link is sent to teacher and counselor for recommendation form and transcript upload
3. Automatic email sent to students requesting financial aid with link to form to apply and upload documents
Questions?? julyexp@davidson,edu, or 704-894-2508.
- The William and Mary Pre-College Summer Program is a truly unique college experience. Rising juniors, rising seniors, and rising college freshmen can apply. Students will dive deep into American history learning about the people, places, and events that shaped this nation, and they will also develop skills and resources that will take them beyond their high school years.Students who attend the W&M Pre-College Summer Program will earn 4 hours of transferable college credit, visit more than a dozen historic sites and museums throughout Virginia, develop college-level analytical reading and writing abilities, learn effective time management, experience college life in a controlled setting, interact with professional historians and archaeologist, cultivate friendships with students from all over the world. Cost: $4,200- includes tuition and fees for 4 hours of academic credit, room and board, admission on all class-related site visits, select organized activities, all required readings and course materials, NIAHD T-shirt. Session 1: June 24 – July 14, 2018; Session 2: July 15 – August 4, 2018. Application due April 20!
- C-Tech² - Computers and Technology at Virginia Tech. C-Tech² offers an opportunity to learn about college life--from residence halls to classrooms and everything in-between. It provides access to information and technology necessary to best prepare you for your future. The C-Tech² program targets rising junior and senior high school girls. The C-Tech² camp will be held June 24-July 7, 2018. Applications are available NOW. What is C-Tech² all about? Exploring applications of engineering in a way that is fun and exciting, spending time involved in hands-on activities designed to increase your interest in and knowledge of applications of engineering to real world situations, attending seminars to help you prepare for the college application process, interacting with others interested in pursuing careers in various engineering fields, completing an engineering design project, meeting industry representatives and learning about what they’re looking for. Students stay in a dorm on campus. Program cost is $1,500 for two weeks, covering all expenses except transportation to and from Virginia Tech and personal expenses. More information here.
- Virginia Commonwealth University- The VCUarts Pre-College Summer Intensive residency program offers high school students an opportunity to explore their interests in the fine arts, design arts or performing arts; promotes cross-disciplinary approaches to creative activity; and imparts practical knowledge and skills to prepare performing artists for college auditions and visual artists for the creation of their application portfolios. July 8-27, 2018. Program tuition: $3,200 includes a room and all meals. Applications due March 30, 2018.
- The Wake Forest University Summer Immersion Program offers rising high school sophomores, juniors, seniors and incoming college freshmen the chance to dive deep and explore a particular field of study. Those selected for the program will enjoy access to world-class faculty, resources, industry professionals and a one-of-a-kind view from inside a career field. The 2018 Summer Immersion Program will be offered in Winston-Salem as a residential program and in Charlotte as both a residential and nonresidential program. The Wake Forest Charlotte Center will host three institutes: Law, Medicine, and Sports Marketing. Each session will feature a day trip to the Wake Forest University campus in Winston-Salem. The Reynolda campus in Winston-Salem will host thirteen institutes: Biosciences and Engineering, Business and Entrepreneurship, Dance, Debate and Public Advocacy, Documentary Film, Health and Exercise Science, Leadership, Medicine, Neuroscience, Psychology, Sports Medicine, Technology, and Visual Arts. Each institute will accept a select number of students. Tuition ($2,250) includes lunch, supplies, all institute-sponsored field trips and activities, as well as transportation. Applications open now. Program dates vary depending on the institute. More information and application here.
- HOLLINSUMMER 2018: JULY 15 – 21 at Hollins University. There is a Theater Program, Horse Rider Program, and Writing Program. More information here.
- STEM by the Sea UNC-W Marine Quest summer programs summer 2018 registration now open!
- Appalachian State K-12 summer outreach programs
- NC State STEM summer camps
- US Naval Academy summer STEM programs
- US Naval Academy summer seminar (current 11th graders)